Invest in our future. Enlighten the brilliant minds of the next generation. Improving the scientific preparation of prospective K–12 teachers is currently receiving a great deal of increased attention. Teacher preparation has been identified as a federal priority. The Department of Physics is pleased to respond to the mandate for improved science instruction from the scientific societies listed below and is taking an active role in improving the training of K–12 physics and science teachers.
- American Institute of Physics
- American Physical Society
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- American Astronomical Society
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- American Vacuum Society
To teach in a public school in Indiana, students will need to obtain Indiana State Licensure through the School of Education.