Your academic advisor can answer questions about majoring or minoring in physics and is deeply familiar with resources at Indiana University. Our advisor works with you to see which courses are required, and helps you take advantage of opportunities. Set up an appointment to explore your options!
If you are newly certified to the College of Arts and Sciences or you are a first semester Direct Admit student, you are required to meet with your advisor. Whatever your situation, it’s a good idea to schedule a meeting for any of the following reasons:
- What courses are required to graduate with a major or minor in physics?
- Given the courses I’ve already taken, what should I take next?
- Why does my plan vary significantly from the four-year plan found in iGPS?
- What could my sequence of courses look like over the next two years?
- What electives could I take?
- What steps should I take if I also want to minor in another subject?
- What can I do if I failed a required course?
- What can I do if I am on academic probation?
- How can I enhance my career opportunities after graduation (e.g. professional school, graduate school, job market)?
- How can I decide what path is best for me after graduation?
- How can I enhance my academic experience to prepare for future endeavors?
- How can I plan for career advancement, internships, or study abroad?